martes, 27 de julio de 2021

Pride & Prejudice

     "It is a truth universally aknowledged that a single man in possesion of good fortune must be in want of a wife" is the opening sentence of one of my favourite books ever - with I've read and re-read several times via ebook and happen to NOT own a copy of, FYI.

Pride and prejudice was introduced in my life by my sister, who was fond of the 2006 adaptation. Ever since that moment I fell for the movie myself up to the point of memorizing its dialogues in two different languages. I found out little after about the mini series of the nineties and enjoyed it mostly because of Mr. Darcy, I must admit; but nothing every overshadowed my absolute passion for the book.

However, it is also a truth universally aknowledged that it is quite a dense reading, one of those books which happen to require a lot of time and tranquility to take pleasure in them. That's the main reason I keep rewatching the movie all the time - until now.

The last splendid and wonderful evening I shared with my ex partner revolved around it. He invited me over, covered me with a blanket, prepared tea and fruit for me to snack and hug me while binging on P&P's 2006 adaptation. He wasn't particularly interested, but he didn't complain even once and tried to engage with it. It sort of became out thing.

And up to this day I still haven't been able to rewatch the full thing.

Time to change that fact.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario