miércoles, 12 de enero de 2022

Granted.

     From all the words scrambled among the reflections of Agnes Grey, there are some general considerations on education, religion, love and the general nature of human being that still resonate within my mind. Great novels always give me a good time of critical thinking which, along with the satisfaction of finishing up a rather enjoyable story, is one of the greatest feelings on Earth.

I may be fond of reading, but I'm not one of those avid devouring readers that have already consumed all highly regarded masterpeaces of human literature, like the great fire from Diane Setterfield's Thirteenth Tale. I'm just a fast reader, generally, which allows me to go through a decent deal of words when I have the time to relax in front of the pages; and it usually takes quite a while for me to "get over" a novel that I truly enjoyed before moving on to another.

Therefore, althought I might not be one of the Brontës (nor do I aspire to be), I still like the simple pleasure to put my mind into paper with some of the feelings that books arise. They're just hard to describe, so I'll simply drop a few thoughts in here.

How lucky we are to marry out of love, and how common it is nowadays to take it for granted! I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to share a family, a bed or even a household with someone you can't stand, someone who doesn't treat you well. How hard it must have been (and still is for others) to be forced to take a life companion you may not even know. 

My heart just explodes with joy when I wake up next to Him. There is just no greater feeling on Earth than true, pure love. I am to marry this person and share the rest of my life with them, not because we're forced, not out of money, but willingly and madly in love. If we believe in the kind of affection that drives two people into expending their loves together it's not because there is no other option, but because we're just meant to be.

It's just destiny. As Agnes Grey very cleverly stated, I could live in a house surrounded only by enemies and I wouldn't mind as long as I could count on them, such is the comfort that they grant to my spirit. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario