domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2020

Nevertheless.

It all started smoothly. Softly. Some happy memories, a few awkward yet funny texts.
A list of odd names. A bigger smile to wear.
A caress entangling my hair.

And then, a few more convos.
More distant, yet more meaningful.
I don't remember the last time I ever saw them.
I only remember how vulnerable I felt over losing them.

But feelings..., Ah, feelings make everything more complicated. Over vulnerability, came determination. "I'm beyond all of that."
Oh, but also jealousy. I wanted their time and attention, although I'd never admit it.
Gratefulness over being listened to. Taken care of.
Fear over missing them when they were gone.

It all started smoothly the first time.
Perhaps it started softly every single time, with all texts, pictures, hand-holding, smiles, hugs, truths, confessions.
With the first "I love you too"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario