martes, 7 de abril de 2020

Nights...

If someone’s rational about it, you would probably say that the biggest perks of working a night
shift are related to the plus cash you get in your wage by the end of the month, the
peacefulness of the working office, the easiness in terms of finding a parking lot or skipping on
the morning jams. You could even consider the convenience to match your job with other
schedules, such as uni ones. It’s true tho, but that’s not it.
I wouldn’t say I like working night shifts, nor I hate them. Truth is, I don’t really mind, I could do
anything. Although I’m highly motivated by this environment, being realistic, the true reason I
enjoy the night is, most probably, the sky.
Ah, humidity in the air smells nice. The music of crickets, unstopped above every other not
existent sound. Voice echoes. It’s refreshing, awakening.
As a romantic, I’m a huge fan of the mysteries of the night. Time for crimes and murder in most
of my favorite novels; also a perfect timing for affairs and runaways. A time for a warm, cozy
cuddle with your s.o; as anything can happen in the dark.
For some reason, they just bring a very comfortable silence into my life. Almost as if my never
stopping inside voice got to shut down for a bit. I remember being a kid and sitting onto the
window to stare at the night sky when I could not sleep. Same at the hospital, watching the
dawn break into the Peace with its shy yet bright colors. The perfect moment for a late (or early)
book. For a quick chat with that boy from next door I liked; a beer and some nuts over a bench,
still wearing my pajama, with this former hookup. I think night’s definitely a good moment to stop
life and treasure some very special memories with the right people.
Like these very late late convos...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario